- How Cloud Computing Works
- Google Clouding Computer
- Google Apps Communication Tools
- Google Apps Collaboration Tools
Cloud computing is a type of computing that relies on sharing computing resources rather than having local servers or personal devices to handle applications.
In cloud computing, the word cloud (also phrased as "the cloud") is used as a metaphor for "the Internet," so the phrase cloud computing means "a type of Internet-based computing," where different services -- such as servers, storage and applications -- are delivered to an organization's computers and devices through the Internet.
Cloud computing is comparable to grid computing, a type of computing where unused processing cycles of all computers in a network are harnesses to solve problems too intensive for any stand-alone machine.
How Cloud Computing Works
The goal of cloud computing is to apply traditional supercomputing, or high-performance computing power, normally used by military and research facilities, to perform tens of trillions of computations per second, in consumer-oriented applications such as financial portfolios, to deliver personalized information, to provide data storage or to power large, immersive computer games.
To do this, cloud computing uses networks of large groups of servers typically running low-cost consumer PC technology with specialized connections to spread data-processing chores across them. This shared IT infrastructure contains large pools of systems that are linked together. Often, virtualization techniques are used to maximize the power of cloud computing.
Google Clouding Computer
Why Google Apps?
Google Apps offer Reliable, secure online applications. Give your employees power to collaborate & communicate using enterprise class applications without hassles of managing them. Google Apps is the Best Personal Productivity tools you can give to your employees.
Google Apps gives you savings, security and innovation. You will get 25GB inboxes, video chat, anti-virus/spam protection, disaster recovery, and a 99.9% uptime SLA for just $50 per user per year with Google Apps Premier Edition.
Google Apps brings simple, powerful communication and collaboration tools to organizations. With Google Apps, users can use applications such as Gmail™ webmail service, Google Talk™ instant messaging service, Google Calendar™ calendaring service, Google Docs™ program, Google Sites™ web application, and Google Video™ for business on their own domain to work together more effectively. Best of all, it’s all hosted by Google, so there’s no hardware or software to download, install or maintain.
Google Apps Communication Tools
Gmail for Business:
- 25GB Email Storage for each user
- Sync with Outlook (POP, IMAP, SMTP)
- Sync with BlackBerry (access by Mobile Phone)
- Search and find emails instantly
- Get less spam (Spam Control & Antivirus)
- Mail Forwarding & Aggregation
- Easily schedule appointments
- Integrate with your email system (Sync with Microsoft Outlook)
- Add and Share multiple project calendars
- Access with your mobile device
- Publish calendars Online
- SMS Alerts
Google Talk (VoIP):
- Free Voice over IP
- Audio, Video and Chat
- Record & Send voicemail
- File transfer
Google Apps Collaboration Tools
- Online documents with real-time collaboration
- Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation & Forms
- Anytime, anywhere access to your work
- Works across operating systems
- Easily upload and share files
- Share with simultaneous edit in real-time
- Import and exposrt from / to multiple formats
- Create PDFs
- Create dynamic web pages as easily as writing a document (No HTML knowledge required)
- Organize information in a central place for your Intranet / Extranet/ Project portal
- Powerful built-in search and change management
- Anytime, anywhere access – Works across operating systems
- System and site-level security controls
- Google-hosted video solution – video channel for your business
- Secure sharing inside and outside domain
- Anytime, anywhere access across operating systems
- Use as mailing lists or to share calendars, docs, sites, and videos easily with co-workers
- Customizable subscription settings
- Powerful Search
- Share with a group instead of individuals